This season has seen the return to fashion of that great winter wear classic – the camel coat. Whether overcoat, jacket or, for the more on trend darling readers, the cape. This year’s return to a classical favourite is a blessing for those of us not too keen to wear our makeup intense or startling.
There is something so sophisticated and so timeless about the barely there perfection of a flawless complexion, clean eyes and naturally enhanced lips that is perfectly divine. Queen of naturally enhanced beauty in the make-up world is of course, Bobbi Brown. Her make-up philosophy is perfect for achieving that creamy, cashmere look to tie in effortlessly with our camel shades.
Classic Camel – Getting the Look
Base – Start with Natural Finish Long Lasting foundation, £28.00, for a soft matte finish to the skin, this is coverage that does not require powder on top as the foundation formula contains sponge-like powders that absorb excess oil on the surface of the skin.
For a natural flush of colour, apply blusher in Dessert Rose, £16.50 to apple of cheeks to bring life to the face and then finally a light flourish of bronzer in light or medium, £23.50 to temples, cheek bones and jaw line to complete the look of camel perfect.
- Next create a nude, matt eye by simply brushing Bone eyeshadow, £14.50 all over the lower and upper lid for a natural clean finish.
- Now, apply lashings of mascara for a beautifully framed eye using Everything Mascara in black, £17.50.
- For a more enhanced eye, smudge a soft line of smokey brown shadow close to the upper lash line. Try Chocolate or Rich Brown eye shadow, £14.50.
- Now apply Rich Colour Gloss in Naked or Pink Buff, £14.00 for a natural healthy gloss to the lips that perfectly balances with the natural look of the eye.
- Enhance eyebrows with a matching brow pencil, £13.50 to frame the eyes and give more definition to the face.
- Keep lips pale, we don’t want them fighting for attention with the eyes, try Creamy Lip Colour, £15.50 in Uber Pink for baby coloured lips or Crystal Pink for a natural baby pink with a grown up glimmer.
By day – If you need to put a little heat under things working equally well with our camel colours the smoky eye paired with a pale and creamy pout is a big look for autumn/winter that is day appropriate.
By Night – For a more glammed up version for evening, intensify the look by deepening the shadow with more application of eye shadow and applying all over the lower half of the upper eyelid and continuing to shadow a line under and around the eye close to the lower lash line.
- Line the inner rim of the eye with Creamy Eye Pencil, £16.50 in Jet or if you prefer a softer black, try Caviar.
- Softly highlight just beneath the brow bone using Shimmer Wash Eyeshadow in Champagne or Petal, £14.50.